NEWS: 2017

Alumni, Ali Doucette, named the 2017 AIGA Philadelphia Fresh Award Winner!

AliDoucette_Headshot_1_sm

The Fresh Award celebrates one emerging designer who is creating stellar work and breaking boundaries in our local design community.

Ali Doucette graduated from Philadelphia University in 2013. Currently she is a Designer at J2 Design. Perviously she was worked with Karma, Two Paperdolls, DiSanto Design and Steve DeCusatis Design, all of whom are part of the larger PhilaU family.

"I definitely would not be where I am today without the network PhilaU gave me. Really using the network of professors and alumni was such a treasure and something that I'm so glad I didn't take for granted."

work-2-1-1024x827

The Graphic Design Communication program at PhilaU prepares students to enter the ever-changing landscape of the graphic design profession by teaching them to think as design strategists. Ali is the perfect example of this:

"I also felt like PhilaU really gave me the desire to always be inspired. We had a somewhat competitive class, but I had a group of classmates that were just genuinely inspired by work. We encouraged each other, and we're excited for each other. I think that helped me continue that way of thinking in my career—to always be excited and be inspired, that's how you create great work."

work-5-1024x733