Philadelphia University’s first annual Alumni Weekend will be held Friday, May 15 to Sunday, May 17. The inaugural weekend of activities, with the theme “Celebrate the Past, Creating a Tradition,” will feature a series of exciting events for alumni and their families and friends, culminating with the Rams Reunion Dinner and Dancing event Saturday, May 16, beginning at 6 p.m.
Registration for Alumni Weekend is due Friday, May 8. Interested alumni can learn about and register for Alumni Weekend on RamNet – the PhilaU alumni website: www.PhilaU.edu/alumni
Alumni in the class years ending in “4” and “9” will be honored during the weekend festivities.
All alumni are invited to participate in the Rams Reunion Dinner, which features the presentation of the Time, Talent and Treasure Award and the Young Alumni Achievement Award. This year’s Time, Talent & Treasure Award will be presented to Dave Morgan ’65. The award was established in 2001 to honor and recognize an outstanding graduate who has contributed time, talent and treasure through a commitment to the mission of Philadelphia University and to future students.
The Young Alumni Achievement Award will be presented to Brandon Francis, M.D., MPH ’01. This achievement award was established this year by the Alumni Association’s First 5 Council to honor and recognize the personal and professional achievements of a graduate of the last 10 years.
“Alumni Weekend is a chance for Philadelphia University alumni to reconnect with one another and to experience the incredible energy and exciting happenings at their alma mater,” said Linda Hollenback, director of Alumni Relations. “We are pleased to offer this weekend of activities to celebrate the past and pave the way for a dynamic future. This is the start of a tradition alumni won’t want to miss.”
Alumni Weekend activities include:
Friday, May 15
- 8th Annual Alumni Golf Invitational to be held at the Chesapeake Bay Golf Club, North East, Md., at 11 a.m.
- Kick-Off Reception, Philadelphia University, White Corners Lawn, 7 p.m.
Saturday, May 16
- Founders’ Society Breakfast, Kanbar Campus Center Terrace, 9 a.m.
- Welcome Breakfast, Kanbar Campus Center Common Thread, 9:30 a.m.
- 10:30 a.m., Deans’ Showcase, Part I:
- A New Dean, A New Direction: SBA Town Hall Meeting, The Tuttleman Center Auditorium
- Highlights from the School of Engineering and Textiles, Kanbar Campus Center Performance Space
- New in the School of Liberal Arts, The Tuttleman Center Room 211
- Networking Lunch, The Design Center, noon
- Golden Rams Luncheon for the Class of 1959, Ravenhill Mansion, noon
- 1:30 p.m. Deans’ Showcase, Part II:
- Architecture Presents: Eisenman and Graves, The Tuttleman Center Auditorium
- School of Science and Health Symposium, The Tuttleman Center Room 101
- Afternoon Tea and Coffee Break, Kanbar Campus Center Common Thread, 3 p.m.
- Senior Design Show Opening Reception, The Gallagher Center, Bucky Harris Gym, 3 to 5 p.m.
- Campus Tours, Departs from White House, 3:30 p.m.
- Philadelphia University Research Center Tour, Departs from the Ram Statue, 3:30 p.m.
- Rams Reunion Dinner and Dancing, Kanbar Campus Center Performance Space, 6 p.m.
Sunday, May 17
- 50th Reunion Breakfast (for processing members of the Class of ‘59), The Mann Center, 5201 Parkside Ave. Phila., Pa. 19131, 9:30 a.m.
- Commencement, The Mann Center, 11 a.m.
For more information, event pricing and to register, go to www.PhilaU.edu/alumni or call 215.951.2929.