An impressive 96 percent of graduates from Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) – East Falls Campus reported employment in fields related to their career interests or graduate school acceptance, according to the Class of 2017 survey from the University’s Marianne Able Career Services Center.
The latest survey results reflect the consistent success of Jefferson graduates, who have achieved an average employment and graduate school acceptance rate of 95 percent since 2012. Read the 2017 First Destination Report here.
“The rigor of our academic curriculum coupled with our hands-on Nexus Learning philosophy is what produces these desired outcomes,” said Tracy DePedro, director of the Career Services Center. “In turn, our graduates are invested in current students and take the time to share their success. These outcomes lead to more student engagement in our career services program.”
For example, at the recent Design Expo, employers from 100 leading design firms conducted a record 1,003 scheduled interviews with students. Eighty percent of the employers who attended have hired a Jefferson student in the past three years, and the majority of the firms had alumni representatives in attendance.
Jefferson students also benefit from the University’s commitment to industry-sponsored projects. Industry leaders have sponsored collaborative student projects that have led to insights, innovations, commercial product opportunities and employment.
Other highlights from the First Destination Report include:
- A 100 percent employment and grad school success rate for the College of Architecture and the Built Environment.
- The Career Services Center conducted 122 programs/workshops this year (58 percent increase) for approximately 1,784 students (78 percent increase).
- The Career Services Center hosted 190 employer visits to campus (with 151 unique employers) and coordinated 1,267 interviews on campus.
- 159 internships were completed during 2016-2017.
- The HirePhilaU/HireJefferson job board received 1,802 job and internship postings by 822 unique employers.