Jefferson alumni from the undergraduate class of 2018 have once again achieved an impressive employment and graduate school success rate of 95 percent, according to the Class of 2018 First Destination Report from the University’s Marianne Able Career Services Center.
“We’ve seen many years of successful career outcomes for our graduates due in large part to the priority our institution places on students gaining practical experience during their undergraduate years,” says Tracy DePedro, director of the Career Services Center. “Students have ample opportunities to participate both in and out of the classroom to engage with employers. We have seen continued use of our services by students, and partnership with our faculty continues to increase to assist students in preparing for the next step after Jefferson.”
Highlights from the First Destination Report include:
- A 99 percent employment and grad school success rate in majors housed in the College of Health Professions, College of Humanities and Sciences and College of Life Sciences.
- Top employers, such as Burlington, Dow Jones, SEI, URBN and Whiting-Turner, have hired 2018 graduates.
- The March 2018 Design Expo attracted a record 100 employers, who conducted an all-time high of 1,003 interviews with students in one day.
- The Career Services Center conducted 100 programs and workshops this year for approximately 1,400 students.
- 216 students worked at 117 unique internship sites during 2017-2018.
The latest survey results reflect the consistent success of Jefferson graduates, who have achieved an average employment and graduate school acceptance rate of 95 percent since 2012.